Hunter waved at the Aldens and at Will and Wendy with his one free hand. He was walking at the edge of the ocean. He had a surfboard and a boogie board under his right arm. Hunter set his things down in the sand. When Benny reached him, he gave Benny

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 131 The Boardwalk Mystery

Broadcast: Jan 16, 2003 Experts say one of the world's most feared, but misunderstood, creatures is under 2) assault by fishermen. A new study of all types of sharks finds that there are fewer of them

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-科技先知

VOICE ONE: This is the VOA Special English program SCIENCE IN THE NEWS. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson. This week, we will tell about a drug treatment for stroke victims. We also will tell about a possible explanation for the myste

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月

BARBARA KLEIN: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty. Today we remember Hurricane Katrina and tell about the science of severe ocean storms. (MUSIC) BARBARA KLEIN: Many Americans are ob

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

The ocean is blue. The ocean is big. There are many fish in the ocean. There are big fish. There are small fish. There are fast fish and slow fish. The big fish eat the small fish. The fast fish eat the slow fish. The fishermen catch all the fish. Th

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 儿童英语小故事

Why Can We Hear the Sound of the Ocean in a Shell? 贝壳传来海洋之音? Most children have probably wondered at the noise of roaring ocean waves magically captured inside seashells held up to their ears. According to popular belief, anyone luc

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Severe Ocean Storms: Behind Nature's Power By Caty Weaver Broadcast: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Bob D

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Tell me what you're crying for 请告诉我你为何泪如雨下 I'll wipe your tears, oh love 我将为你拭去泪水我的挚爱 If your soul is aching love 若你的灵魂为爱隐隐作痛 I'll comfort you for sure 我定会为你安抚你受伤的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

ENVIRONMENT REPORT – August 2, 2002: Navy Sonar and Ocean Animals By Caty Weaver This is the VOA Special English Environment Report. American officials have approved a plan for the United States Nav

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Ocean Storms and the Science of Nature's Power CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Christopher Cruise. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith. Today we tell about the science of severe o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Oregon Moves to Zone Ocean U.S. communities routinely use zoning laws to control where businesses may operate in a neighborhood. Now there's a move to zone the ocean. A number of coastal states and the federal government have fledgling plans to coord

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Elite Sailors Circle Globe in Volvo Ocean Race One of the toughest, most grueling events in sports offers no prize money, only a trophy. Its challenging, thrilling and dangerous. And takes a long time. The Volvo Ocean Race is a marathon sailing event

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Warm Ocean Accelerating Antarctic Ice Loss The study is the first comprehensive survey of all the Antarctic ice shelves, which are the 1.5 million square kilometers that fringe much of the frozen continent. Lead author Eric Rignot, a professor at the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Researchers witnessed a spectacular fiery(炽热的) underwater volcano explosion and captured it on video. It's believed to be the deepest ocean volcano eruption ever recorded. The undersea Pacific Ocean explosions in May of this year were recor

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Seismologists spend a lot of time listening to the earth. Ocean acoustic monitors have been providing information on the earths vibrations since the 1930s. But there are other sounds those monitors pick up as well, for instance those of waves and ch

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Study: Warm Ocean Speeds Antarctic Melting The study's lead author, Hamish Pritchard, is a glaciologist with the British Antarctic Survey. In 1993, and again in 2003, he observed the collapse of two ice shelves on the Antarctic Peninsula. He says the

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Early sunlight slanted into the tree house. The cool breezesmelled of wild grass. Oh, man, said Jack. These are neat clothes.Their jeans and T-shirts had magically changed. Jack had on abuckskin shirt and pants. Annie wore a fringed buckskin dress. T

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Hong Kong's tourism market is struggling, with the number of visitors from the mainland on the decline. Now Ocean Park, one of Hong Kongs top attractions, is stepping up efforts to lure more in. But they're not just focusing on the Mainland, but tour

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

UK-based scientists are reporting the discovery of more than a hundred new species of marine plants and animals, including thirteen new crustaceans, as part of a deep-sea survey around the British territory of Bermuda in the Atlantic. CRI's Niu Hongl

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

I know what I'm doing may be dumb I know I should not be staring at the sun But the thought of it leads me to temptation It's the same whatever side you're on Separated we are delicate and small And the space, between us, leads my retention I see it

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲